22 July 2007

My thoughts on Asia...


I posted this at PCDWorld's board and DollDomination:

I think the whole show was a lie, a setup.

They positioned Asia to look terrible, but then she wins, even though the polls say she isn't the most popular.

After she wins, and the fans hate her, they fiddle with us (is she in the group? not? who knows?) then she shows up at CW UpFront, and then we all think she's in the group.

Then boom, MuzTV + LiveEarth, no Asia! Strange? Yea, I thought so too.

All of sudden, she's "solo", and not "contractually obligated". Aren't all Dolls on a contract with A&M/Interscope Records? Now that's fishy.

The positive? PCD promotion, sales (CD and clothing etc).

I think the CW Upfront was a sham too. Ashley is NEVER sick and then she isn't there.

They must never have wanted a pic with all 7 girls.

What do you think? This is seeming just too 'fixed' for my taste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was fixed - She wasn't up to the job and the judges got it wrong - simple as that. Everytime she held the mic her fingers were twiddling about like she playing the trumpet - what was all that about? She had a face liked a smacked arse most of the time. Any of them would have been a better choice than her. I'm glad she got kicked out. She would not have added anything - keep PCD as is.

Anonymous said...

I don't think they wanted a 7 Doll to begin with. In every interview before the show aired, they always said "Inside every woman is a Pussycat Doll, and we're just hoping to find that"....or something along those lines. So from the start I thought....more than likely they don't want a new Doll...at least for the recording group. Then it was presented that the show was looking for a new girl to join, wired. So, yeah I see what you mean.